Letter From a Fan

| iLoveNgocLan

Hello,
I am French , and my English is not very good. I very want to thanks you for your site. I discover Ngoc Lan since only two years and I have ask to my future Vietnamese wife to go to see Ngoc Lan at Saigon.

I was very excited to see and hear Ngoc Lan, my favorite singer in the world. but ….at this time, I learn that Ngoc Lan was dead .. hhuhuhuhu my sorrow was very big and always now, when I hear some songs from Ngoc Lan I have tears in my eyes.

Many time I was thinking .. why why why god accept this… never I will understand this. You know , never in my life a singer touch my heart , like Ngoc Lan have done. She was very well singing in French but never I have discover if she can speak French in the life .. Maybe you know this?

Anyway, cam on, cam on cam on to have make this site. Never Ngoc Lan will leave my heart and your site will help us to remember Ngoc Lan mai mai. And can you help me to say to Ngoc Lan ‘s family , that Ngoc Lan is not lost, she is and will stay in the heart of many many people and very soon, in an another world we will meet a great Angel called Ngoc Lan with her so lovely voice and smile.

Denis, France

1. Hi Denis,
    I am Vietnamese, so my English isn’t good ,too .But i can understand what you mean and i am very suprised when you said that you love Ngoc Lan ‘s voice very much and that Ngoc Lan sings French very well . I ‘ve never heard that NL can speak French .I guess she only sings French or she know French a little .Can anyone here answer this question ?
    Hope that you will learn Vietnamese well to feel wonderful Vienamese songs that Ngoc Lan sang .

Comment by name — 9/18/2003 @ 6:33 am
  2. Denis had offered to translate this site in French. Isn’t that great? We would have three languages on the site since Ngoc Lan can sing all three langages fluently. Thank you so much for the offering.

Comment by donny — 9/18/2003 @ 8:08 am
  3. My only question is why did he tell his future Vietnamese wife to go to see Ngoc lan at Saigon when in fact Ngoc Lan is in the U.S.?

I can’t tell you who I’m, but I’m very close to Ngoc Lan. To be clear, she does speak French quite well. She learns French since she was very young.

Donny, she sings 4 language or more. She also sings Mandarin, Cantonese, a bit of Japanese and a little of Spanish. In her earliest years of singing, she has sang all of the above languages.

Comment by A Fan — 9/18/2003 @ 11:36 am
  4. Thanks A Fan very much for your interesting information. Ngoc Lan is a great singer .Please tell us as much as possible about Ngoc Lan .Because I live in VN , i don’t know much about her .

Comment by myall — 9/20/2003 @ 6:01 am
  5. A Fan, I don’t think Denis realized that Ngoc Lan lived in the US. He just listened to her musis. Since Ngoc Lan is Vietnamese, it makes sense to see her in Vietnam. Anyway, thanks for the information. She does sing Chineses really well too. What a talented Goddess.

Comment by donny — 9/20/2003 @ 8:30 am
  6. A Fan,
    I love to hear about NL..everything about her. Tell us about NL will you?
    NgocLan forever;

Comment by Lien Le — 9/23/2003 @ 11:02 pm
  7. Hi Denis
    We are all moved by your sincere and touching words expressing your sorrow on the loss of one of the greatest Vietnamese singers/performers.

You called Ngoc Lan a great angel.. Well, for your information, you are not alone. I copy below someone else’s words who also happened to call Ngoc Lan an angel.
    Comme on dit : “les grandes idées se rencontrent”, n’est-ce-pas ?

“An Angel Who Touched Us With Her Wings

First off, let me say that I am an American. My first boyfriend was Vietnamese; and thanks to him, I came to know all of the Vietnamese people within my area. For nearly twelve years, I was exposed to the culture of Vietnam (i.e., cuisine, language, and music). Now, being a conossieur of music, I have a great love for music of all genres. Still, I have never heard a more beautiful language than the Vietnamese nor more beautiful music. Ngoc Lan always had an aura about her, and her voice was like that of an angel. She showed great emotion when singing, great beauty, and a sensitivity that defies logic. I am so, so sorry that she has left us for the heavens in the sky. Still, we were blessed that she chose to touch us with her wings — if only for a short while. Her music will always embody her spirit. Her beauty will remain in our hearts. She was a beautiful blossom for all the world to behold; and like all flowers, her time was but for a season. I believe she will be born anew, in a greater place; and she will still sing with the voice of an angel”

Comment by TNS — 9/24/2003 @ 12:58 pm
  8. TNS, that is fantastic. Very touching to see how Ngoc Lan voice had reached beyond the Vietnamese community.

Comment by donny — 9/24/2003 @ 1:20 pm
  9. I love Ngoc Lan since she was in Nha trang . I like to hear her singing specially the song Va con tim da vui tro lai

Comment by richardson — 8/15/2009 @ 10:35 am
  10. hi
    yeu men ..lang nghe va rung cam voi giong hat ngoc lan..voi nhung bai nhac phap..
    tomber la neige
    tout ce que tu peux etre pour moi
    tu te reconnaitras
    apres toi
    elle imagine
    quand le film est triste
    ..MAI MAI tieng hat NGOC LAN