News from May / Da Lan Productions

| ngoclanidol

I just spoke to Anh Thang regarding Ngoc Lan’s CD’s & DVD.
Here are the info:

CD:
Ngoc Lan & Tuan Ngoc’s orginal CD will come out this Christmas.
He’s also working on combining Ngoc Lan’s old songs that she sang for Da Lan Productions before. He said it will likely be in a box set of 3 or 4 CD.

DVD:
The DVD (from Ngoc Lan 1 & 2 videos combine) has been delay due to some editing reasons, but he is hoping to have it release by March 6, 2004.
The director is in the process of figuring out editing more scenes that we haven’t seen before. He said there is no interviews, but there might be one new songs of Ngoc Lan in the DVD. From what I know, the song is “Tinh Xanh”. I’m sure most of us know that song from Ngoc Lan’s first album with May Prodcutions.

I think this is a good start because it gives me something to look forward to. As we all know, May Productions value quality very much so they want their product to be as close to perfect as possible. I know it will be a while before we will have the chance to see the new DVD, but it’s worth a wait.
I urge all Ngoc Lan fans who live in the U.S. to call May Productions and check on the DVD from time to time because they need the support. They are just afraid that no one will buy the DVD if they release it.
Anyone have any thoughts?

1. I don’ t think May should worry about no one buy the DVD. A fan always buy original if he could.
    I don’t know about the CD. But the DVD will get the whole world attention because of the 2 videos have been masterpieces of the legendary Ngoclan. I myself would buy 2 originals to keep for gift to someone of great importance.

For their profit May production might have to do something about the blackmarket.

Comment by Obsession — 10/28/2003 @ 7:19 pm
  2. Like Obsession said, May production shouldn’t have to worry. As you can see from this site, there are tons of Ngoc Lan fans who are dying to have the original masterpiece of Ngoc Lan. Beside, we will help them in any way we could to promote the product. It’s a good thing that May production takes time to release the DVD to make it perfect. It’s definitely worth waiting for.

Comment by donny — 10/28/2003 @ 8:16 pm
  3. They don’t know that there is such a support behind them. Like I said, if you live in the U.S., you should give them a call to assure them the support.

Comment by Ngoc Lan Idol — 10/28/2003 @ 9:23 pm
  4. I would buy SEVERAL, just because….

Comment by Trong — 10/28/2003 @ 9:25 pm
  5. To: Ngoc Lan idol

My heart is singing for joy this morning!

I can not tell you how delighted I was with the news from you. I have for some years now been collecting “Ngoc Lan’s songs” and these CD’s & DVD will make another to go into my bookcase.

Many thanks, thanks without end to May Productions for “Ngoc Lan’s old songs” … which I’ve wanted for a long time but could not find it by myself. It really is a most acceptable valuables which I shall always treasure. It makes me very very very happy.

To: TDL (Cali)
    Pls keep eyes open and do the needful. (Hi hi hi……….)

Comment by Only Yesterday — 10/28/2003 @ 11:44 pm
  6. Wow…this is such a good news. Please keep us updated.

Hi Ngoc Lan Idol,

Which # should I call to show my support? Please let me know. Appreciate it.

Comment by AngelNgocLan — 10/28/2003 @ 11:49 pm
  7. Tiếng Việt nhé, hì hì .
    Trời đất ơi , đọc tin trên tôi mừng đến phát điên được .Tôi đã mong đợi Mây phát hành DVDs đó đã lâu rồi .Bây giờ thì …tiếp tục đợi , nhưng không sao , dù gì cũng có tín hiệu để tôi chờ đợi , chứ không đến nỗi vô vọng .Từ đây đến tháng Ba ….Xin thời gian qua mau .Tuyệt nữa là được xem nhưng hình ảnh chưa tưng được công bố của Ngọc Lan , nhất là bài Tình Xanh .Ngọc Lan sẽ như thế nào đây ????

Rất rất cảm ơn ngoclanidol và Mây Productions

Comment by Myall — 10/29/2003 @ 5:07 am
  8. To All,

Someone please give O May s email address. O wish to write May and give them the link to this site. So they can see for themselves the hot market for the NgocLan original CD/DVD.

There is absolutely no doubt about Ngoclan IS the best lovesong singer in the US as well as Vietnam. Her songs now became idioms (not just words) of love expression for lovers to convey the volcano vibrato from the deepest part of the heart.

O wouldn’t give to “someone of great importance” a copy of NgocLan CD. I wouldn’ t give THE beautiful faked flowers. And I don’t want to be a Tibet Monk for the rest of my lifes. and he he he he shshsh… Using “nu’~ hiep Ha*’c ho^` Die^p” technology when I do a final surgical strike I strike at the bottom at the heart.

Shall Obsession share the “patented” ultimate word of love that will end the everlasting Tibet monk life which dedicated for “Cha^n Thie^n My~” ..the honest, the holy and the beauty..(not the leg, the American)?

R “Em de.p nhu’ Lan”. R

Obsession
    the monk from Tibet in search of “Trinity of love”

Comment by Obsession — 10/29/2003 @ 5:36 am
  9. Qua shock luon chu sao nua day.Trung tam May yen tam nhe,bao dam luong dia DVD lan CD phat hanh ra la duoc support lien.Minh muon xem mot dia DVD va CD chat luong cao lam.Coi co Ngoc Lan ma qua video the he F3 thi tuc lam.A minh cung hoi Admin luon,neu muon tim mua bo DVD ma gom cac bai ca cua co Ngoc Lan hat tren san khau thi sao day.Mua hang qua cac website CD ,minh khong thay hung thu lam.Neu duoc,Admin lam “cong tac” chuyen dia duoc khong.Minh chang the qua My de mua CD va DVD duoc dau.Tien day ,cac fan co biet mot dia CD ma co Ngoc Lan ca chung voi Trinh Nam Son khong.Dia do,hau nhu chi la sang tac cua Trinh Nam son thoi.Hinh bia,Ngoc Lan ngoi tren bang ghe cung voi Trinh Nam son.Co co hat bai ca Mua bong bong thi phai.Ai co list va biet them gi ve dia CD nay ke cho minh nghe di nhe.Mot lan nua xin ung ho trung tam May.

Comment by minhtam — 10/29/2003 @ 7:18 am
  10. I have no time to read all of the comments above, but here is a thought for May Productions.

They should have a couple new songs in the DVD. Of course there is no Ngoc Lan to act anymore, but they can create a cartoon character of Ngoc Lan just like Snow White.

Comment by Minh — 10/29/2003 @ 10:35 am
  11. To: AngelNgocLan
    The # is (714) 964-3903

To: Minh
    I don’t think May will create a cartoon character of Ngoc Lan, but it’s a nice idea though.

You guys can call the producer Anh Thang and chat with him. Rather than I tell him we support him for more Ngoc Lan’s CDs and DVD, he need to hear it from you guys and not just me.

Comment by Ngoc Lan Idol — 10/29/2003 @ 11:44 am
  12. Minh
    That’s a great idea but May Production has to drop at least a couple more millions for cartoon animation. I don’t think that’s gonna happen.

Comment by donny — 10/29/2003 @ 1:33 pm
  13. minh cung hoi thac mac o mot diem nay.Thuong thi ca si khi chon mot bai hat,khi trinh bay ho phai tap dot de thau am,nhung khong hieu co truong hop nao mot bai hat thau am dang do khong nhi.Nghia la thau am ma chua cong bo thanh CD.Biet rang,nha san xuat lan nghe si muon cong hien den khan gia nhung tac pham nghe thuat ,nen nhung tac pham thau am dang do thi se khong thanh san xuat thanh CD.Vi the ,neu May co nhung ban nhac nhu the thi ra CD duoc khong vay nhi.?
    To May Production.
    Ca si Kieu Nga la mot nhung nu nghe si hat chung voi Ngoc Lan ma minh thich nghe nhat.Khong biet May co san xuat dia CD song ca giua hai ca si nay khong vay nhi?
    Sau Ngoc Lan la den Kieu Nga la ca si minh yeu thich.Co Kieu Nga tuy co trinh bay mot so nhac pham giong co Ngoc Lan,nhung de y,phong cach cua hai ca si nay khac nhau hoan toan,va ca hai deu hat nhac Phap xuat sac .Ve nhac Xuan,thi minh chua nghe co Ngoc Lan ca bai Ly ruou mung,nhung cac ca si sau nay hau nhu khong ai ca vuot qua no giong ca truyen cam cua Kieu Nga.Minh dua ra y kien nay,vi muon trong DVD cua co Ngoc Lan,xuat hien them 1 cuoc phong van,hoac 1 bai hat cua Kieu Nga.(co the nhieu ban phan doi lam day).hoac 1 nam ca si hat chung voi Ngoc Lan ma nhieu ban yeu thich (nhu Duy Quang,Trinh Nam Son,Trung Hanh hoac Don Ho)

Comment by minhtam — 10/30/2003 @ 5:29 am
  14. To Minhtam:
    As far as I know, May did come out an album for Ngoc Lan & Kieu Nga a long time ago. the title of the album is “Paris Van Doi”. They have this in CD.

Comment by Ngoc Lan Idol — 10/30/2003 @ 12:09 pm
  15. comment
    To : Minh Tam
    Do la CD The best of Trinh Nam Son – Ngoc lan
    1. Nua vung bien do Trinh nam Son
    2. Con tim that tha Ngoc Lan
    3. Neu em di Trinh Nam Son
    4. Van cho em Trinh Nma Son
    5. Mot goc doi Ngoc Lan
    6. Dau chan tinh nhan Ngoc Lan
    7. Chi la giac mo Trinh Nam Son
    8. Cho em ngoc Lan
    9. Bong bong mua Ngoc Lan
    10.Tan vo Trinh Nam Son

Tat ca nhung bai hat nay deu do ca, nhac si Trinh Nam Son sang tac va phat hanh duoi label Asian Top Music vao nam 1994

Comment by name Truong Chanh Hung — 10/30/2003 @ 4:57 pm
  16. Toi cung se ung ho het minh. Toi se mua va se de danh trong tu kieng. Mot chut gi cua chi Ngoc Lan cho do thuong do nho.

Comment by Loan — 10/31/2003 @ 5:17 pm
  17. comment
    To: Minh Tam

Xem ra Tam cung cung hao hung ve nhac xuan Ngoc Lan hat nhi ?

Tam co biet CD nao co bai TUOI MUA XUAN Ngoc lan hat khong ? Minh khong ro ai la tac gia bai hat nay, nhung nghe Ngoc Lan hat minh hinh dung ra Ngoc Lan ngay xua chac duoc me cung lam.

Co ai biet thong tin gi ve bai hat nay cho minh hepl minh voi…

Comment by name Mai — 12/3/2003 @ 1:29 am