I am so confused!!

| paulnguyen

I felt like I found a gem out of sand when I discovered this web site. I am so glad there are so many fans of Ngoc Lan out there.

I was wondering there is something wrong with me for obsessively loving her voice so much…

I knew her a long time ago, 20 years ago since I first came to Orange county. Somehow I love her enchanted voice and her beautiful face more and more deeply over the years.

I felt like I was slowly put under a spell and cannot get my mind clear of her. Remember the song “Prisoner”.

I listened her songs over and over for the whole night or when I drive to work or get home.

The sweet mesmerizing voice and the nice and kind face. I never met her in person, Is she really nice? or it is just fake? The sad songs and sweet voice, is that her true feelings or it is just good acting? Who is the lucky guy that she called her husband?

I am living in Orange county, a place so many Vietnameses but could not find one true friend; On a smile to hide a sorrow inside.

It is good idea to fall in love with a dead person? Is it healthy to listen to her music so much that seem like she always whispers softly to your ears?

I am so confused! I am in deep trouble, [email protected]

1. Welcome Paul! (I am just a regular member here, not an administration) So, we have another fan to join the dinner reunion of NgocLan fan there then? :-)(still planning). If you are in Orange County, we have Thảo also from there.

When you mention “I am living in Orange county, a place so many Vietnameses but could not find one true friend; only a smile to hide a sorrow inside”, Thao, where are you? 馃檪 Just kidding, but I agree with this statement. Whenever I visited the OC, my friends would get together to see me, but usually, they don’t get together at all. I don’t know why! 馃檪

Normally, I type Vietnamese, but not sure if you can read and write Vietnamese.

Welcome aboard.
    TVH

Comment by TVH — 12/3/2006 @ 6:36 pm
  2. Hi,

I don’t know why everyone uses the words “sweet voice” when they mention Ngoc Lan’s name. To me, it is sweet “only” when the song demands it. To me, her voice, in certain songs, is very haunting (now, now, before you shake your heads in disgust, I don’t mean it the way you think, I mean it in the way that you CANNOT forget her voice (and her delivery, if you were lucky enough to see her live performances, and alas… I wasn’t). The voice follows you.. so when you start (trying) to sing it, you’ll inevitably conjure up her HAUNTINGLY beautiful image. To me, it is a thrilling experience listening to her in Trai Tim Nguc Tu, Mua Tren Bien Vang, Hanh Phuc Noi Nao, Ve Day Em, Chieu Mot Minh Tren Pho…even if you listen to it again and again and again…

Comment by Thuy — 12/5/2006 @ 6:56 pm
  3. Let’s call it “hauntingly sweet” then, or… “sweetly haunting”? 馃檪

Comment by Tu Mi — 12/5/2006 @ 7:19 pm
  4. Gosh TVH, what do you think I am, a miracle cure-all? 馃檪
    Paul, no need to overanalyze it. As long as you enjoy her “hauntingly sweet” voice, it’s a blessing.
    By the way TVH, next time you’re in the O.C. call Paul then call me and we’ll all go to Disneyland, the happiest place on earth!
    Thảo

Comment by admin — 12/7/2006 @ 12:54 am
  5. M矛nh th矛 nghĩ giọng c么 Ngọc Lan c贸 khi trong (hence, sweet)–nhứt l脿 trong thời gian đầu, c贸 khi kh脿n kh脿n (chắc l脿 kh么ng d霉ng đ煤ng chữ đ芒u, n贸… sao sao ấy)–c贸 thể n贸i l脿 bắt đầu từ năm 1992 giọng c么 đ茫 c贸 một ch煤t “hint” của c谩i kh脿n đ贸. V脿 Th煤y n贸i đ煤ng, giọng của c么 trong thời điềm n脿y rất l脿 thu h煤t (m矛nh nghĩ thời điểm 1992-1994 l脿 giọng c么 l锚n đến tuyệt đỉnh).
    M矛nh cũng c贸 媒 nghĩ đ贸 về c谩c b脿i m脿 Th煤y liệt k锚 ra. C貌n b脿i Viens m’embrasser th矛 sao? H么m qua m矛nh c贸 coi cặp g矛 đ贸, kh么ng biết t锚n nữa h谩t b脿i n脿y, bằng tiếng Việt) tr锚n s芒n khấu Th煤y Nga… Họ chỉ th脿nh c么ng trong việc gợi nỗi nhớ thật nhiều đến với c么 Ngọc Lan!!!

Ngọc

Comment by admin — 12/10/2006 @ 9:43 am
  6. Hi Paul,
    T茅 ra you are the same person who wrote your “life story”… Sweet!
    Well you are stricken with Ngoclanitis–I’ve diagnosed your, and mine, and our “medical” condition. It’s quite all right Paul because not only men fall in love with Ngoc Lan but the female population also can get pretty obsessed with her.
    From what I’ve read and heard and seen(I saw her in a live performance long long ago,I was just a kid), Ngoc Lan was just as sweet in real life as the way you’re seeing her now. No fakeness there, that’s why I love her.I mean, I love her voice and everything,but more and more I am drawn to her by her very sweetness and goodness.
    Minh H脿

Comment by Minh Ha — 12/20/2006 @ 10:50 pm
  7. Minh Ha, Thank for your comment. And sorry, to hear that snow is falling in Ohio. Hope that you enjoy skiing.
    Always a warm thought from Orange County,