Ngoc Lan Forever – Special Edition (Asia Entertainment)

| Victor Pham

Hi Ngoc Lan fans,

Asia Entertainment is releasing goc Lan Forever, 2 Disc Special on 26 March 2010. This is a must-buy item for me and all of you. I know it has been previously released by May Production but this one has a couple of performances from Trung Tam Asia. I can not wait. The cover is also stunning! Check it out. And only buy the original product people. And we will continue to wait further for the intended iconic release of Ngoc Lan singing career on DVD by Asia Entertainment. Let’s hope Ngoc Lan’s parents will approve for the go-ahead for the release.

We love Ngoc Lan.

1. Sorry! the copy & paste didn’t work. THE TITLE IS Con Duong Toi Ve (Ngoc Lan – Nhu La Ky Niem)

Comment by Victor Pham — 3/8/2010 @ 3:57 pm
  2. Ok. Thanks! 🙂

Comment by Tr.An — 3/8/2010 @ 11:17 pm
  3. Ngoc Lan’s parents has nothing to do with this.
    I used to work for May Productions so I know it’s strictly a TT Asia decision.

Comment by JJ — 3/12/2010 @ 1:08 am
  4. JJ – sure it must be strictly a TT Asia’s decision to sort of “remaking” this DVD (we all know there’s nothing new in this DVD). I think Victor meant to say he hopes Ngoc Lan’s parents/family will approve the “release of Ngoc Lan singing career DVD” (that TT Asia & May Productions were talking about the whole time while they were working on the project).

Comment by AngelNgocLan — 3/12/2010 @ 3:54 am
  5. That’s what I’m referring to.
    I think you are not understanding. I know there is no issue with the release of the DVD on March 26th.
    You are welcome to call Map Productions.
    They will tell you that there is no such thing coming from Ngoc Lan’s family. Ngoc Lan’s family is more than happy to have the DVD (Ngoc Lan’s LIfe and Career) release, but it’s all in TT Asia’s hand.

Comment by JJ — 3/12/2010 @ 10:07 pm
  6. I think we are talking apples and oranges. But it’s okay.

Comment by AngelNgocLan — 3/15/2010 @ 5:57 am
  7. JJ – Just reread your comment…so we are actually referring to the same thing (not apples & oranges like I said). However, I remember reading something about MC Nam Loc said about “the DVD – Ngoc Lan’s Life & Career” and that TT Asia was not being able to release it even though TT Asia was almost finished with the project a few years ago. I just googled & found a few links that talk about it. So, seems like there’s a miscommunication between May Productions & TT Asia (?).

Although I never visited Mau Tam, I googled and it took me here (though I remember reading this somewhere else and not at Mau Tam before):

And here’s the link that Duy Khiem confirmed what he heard about this project:

Comment by AngelNgocLan — 3/15/2010 @ 1:35 pm
  8. Just to add, the response from Duy Khiem to an Asia’s fans (the 2nd link above) is not too long ago (10/8/2009).

So the release on March 26th is just some old songs/interviews that TT Asia quickly put together (no scripts like Mr. Nam Loc described in the project that TT Asia stopped working on). So, of course they don’t need to ask for Ngoc Lan’s family’s permission on this particular DVD being released on 3/26/10.

Comment by AngelNgocLan — 3/15/2010 @ 1:54 pm
  9. To clarify what I meant by the “miscommunication” between May Productions & TT Asia…May Productions acted like they were surprised and unaware of the disapproval of Ngoc Lan’s family to release the DVD that TT Asia was working on (the one that supposed to have the script written by Mr. Nam Loc). Take a look at this link to the discussion relating to this topic:

Anyway, one day Ngoc Lan’s family might think it over and give it a “go”…we never know…

Comment by AngelNgocLan — 3/15/2010 @ 3:22 pm
  10. I just spoke to chu Tran Thang.
    You can call him if you like.
    From what he said, Ngoc Lan’s family and May Productions are very close. There was no such thing coming from Ngoc Lan’s family. To make the DVD or not to was the decision made by TT Asia.
    Maybe one of you can contact Nam Loc to find out the truth.
    I trust what chu Tran Thang tells me since i work for him for so many years.

Comment by JJ — 3/15/2010 @ 9:31 pm
  11. Sorry but I don’t really care who you talked to. Any proof in writing? Because it’s just hard to believe why TT Asia don’t want to release a DVD that has more “meat” (meaning more in depth with script and the stuff that they had put their effort into researching about Ngoc Lan’s life and career from the beginning to end) than the DVD that they are releasing on 3/26/10 that has nothing new but just some old songs and interviews that everyone already knew about. Just looking at a business standpoint, it doesn’t make any sense, does it? Not to mention the fact that they have mentioned sporadically in different DVDs and in writing, when they discussed their intention to work on the project, that they respect Ngoc Lan so much for her sweet personality and her outstanding work. I’m sure everyone agrees that Ngoc Lan deserves to be honored.

So again, unless you have any proof in writing from a trustworthy source, I’d give it the benefit of the doubt. Because you know it better, anyone can say anything. I already showed you what I saw Mr. Nam Loc wrote. Would you believe it had I said I talked to Mr. Nam Loc on the phone and that’s what he told me? I’d doubt it…

Enough discussion from me since I already showed/explained my point.

Comment by AngelNgocLan — 3/16/2010 @ 4:35 am
  12. Sorry – just one last comment. Since you are so close to chu’ Tran Thang and you say he’s so close to Ngoc Lan’s family. Do you mind asking him to ask Ngoc Lan’s family to issue a statement (in writing of course!) that they are not the reason to stop anybody from releasing “the DVD” and that TT Asia & May Productions have received their full support? Thanks so much for your help!

Comment by AngelNgocLan — 3/16/2010 @ 10:23 am
  13. If you have so much time on your hand, why don’t you do it! I’m sure you know the contact # plus you seem to be the most opinionated in here.
    I believe what I believe. I rest my case.

Comment by JJ — 3/16/2010 @ 11:12 pm
  14. Since you can’t back up your case, sure you can rest it and I don’t have any problem with that.

Comment by AngelNgocLan — 3/17/2010 @ 8:57 am
  15. Some last words of advice (since I got plenty of time and have no life ;-)), next time before you say something, please make sure you can back up your point. Don’t just say “I know XYZ person. He told me this on the phone and I believe him. Therefore, you guys should believe in what I believe. If not, I don’t care. I rest my case.” Sorry to disappoint you that I can’t blindly believe in something someone tells me and leave aside my critical thinking.

Comment by AngelNgocLan — 3/17/2010 @ 9:20 am
  16. AngelaNgocLan, I understand your frustration and your point, but I made the call myself to find out the real deal. I spoke to that guy Tran Thang and a lady who I didn’t get the name at TT Asia. They both say what JJ is mentioning. I’m not saying that you are wrong, but sometimes there is more to it then evidences or proof. In addition, the lady also told me that it’s not just about Ngoc Lan’s family disapproval, there is a bigger issue behind that. That’s all she said. She said she can’t say anymore then what she already said.

Comment by SummerNite — 3/17/2010 @ 6:32 pm
  17. “In addition, the lady also told me that it’s not just about Ngoc Lan’s family disapproval, there is a bigger issue behind that.” This makes more sense than what JJ mentioned “there is no such thing coming from Ngoc Lan’s family”. Thanks for your clarification, SummerNite.

Comment by AngelNgocLan — 3/18/2010 @ 10:02 am
  18. SummerNite – So from what you heard the lady said “it’s not just about Ngoc Lan’s family disapproval…”, Ngoc Lan’s family does play a part in stopping TT Asia from releasing “the DVD”, which I am sure everyone respects that because Ngoc Lan’s family must have a good reason to do so (they surely know Ngoc Lan better than anybody else). Thanks again for making the effort to clarify things.

Comment by AngelNgocLan — 3/18/2010 @ 11:41 am
  19. Oh, and yes, agreed that there must be some other “bigger issue” that stopped TT Asia too.

Comment by AngelNgocLan — 3/18/2010 @ 11:45 am
  20. AngelNgocLan, the lady hinted to me that Ngoc Lan’s family didn’t disapprove or approve. She said to me, just think of it this way. When TT Asia said, we are planning to do a show in Australia, did that didn’t happen, did it? I quoted of what she said, “Sometimes promises are meant to be broken”.
    AngelNgocLan, I also think you were too harsh on JJ. After reread his post and contacting these music companies, I finally understand his points. You ask him to proof it to you. How is he going to proof it? A big music corporation is not about to waste their time to write you an email to stay their reason. Don’t get me wrong, I do understand why you ask for proof. My conclusion with his after speaking to these music companies are very similar. I’m glad he brought that up that he did talk to May Productions. If he didn’t bring that up, I wouldn’t have take the time to find out the truth.

Comment by SummerNite — 3/18/2010 @ 6:42 pm
  21. So the lady who you talked to didn’t really answer your question, did she? (as you said she hinted this and that…).

On a side note, if it’s too important and too big of a concern, sometimes they do take time to answer fans. For example, Mr. Nam Loc (who was responsible for writing the script for “the DVD”) did take his time to respond to Duy Khiem’s email when he asked his question (see the link above). Anyway, like I said, I think everyone respects Ngoc Lan’s family’s decision whether they decide to approve or disapprove it because they know what’s best for Ngoc Lan. But my point is someone can’t just say they have nothing to do with the DVD because only with their full support that TT Asia can successfully complete the project (remember we are talking about Ngoc Lan’s life too besides her career in “the DVD”. So where is the best source to go to for research on Ngoc Lan’s life? That’s right…her family!).

Anyway, this topic is getting old…can we just move on? 🙂 Thanks again, SummerNite!

Comment by AngelNgocLan — 3/19/2010 @ 12:29 pm
  22. I agree that we should move ọn
    I have in the past email Nam Loc a few times, but he doesn’t respond to my questions.
    To me, that’s avoidance.
    Anyway, lets just close this topic…whenever TT Asia decides to do this, that would be great.

Comment by SummerNite — 3/21/2010 @ 4:37 pm